Saturday, March 9, 2019

Volkov

Connections

  • Volkov dedicated his first Asgardian Cup to Lin Fei

Context

Many Brawlhalla lore fans are speculating that Volkov is the name of a future legend, just like how Fait was teased way back in Isaiah's lore. That may be possible, but I think the Volkov in Lin Fei's lore might be referring to this guy.

Alexander Volkov is a mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter from Russia. He sometimes goes by the name "Drago" or "Sasha." As cool as it would be to have an MMA fighter legend in Brawlhalla, I don't see BMG collaborating with UFC or something to get a real-life fighter (who's still alive and punching) into their game.

As I think about all this some more, I realize that a Russian MMA fighter actually sounds really random for someone the Lin Fei would have taught in Valhalla. Then again, she did tutor Cassidy, Azoth, Sir Roland, Thatch, and Wu Shang, so I guess anything is possible in the warrior heaven.

This does make me wonder, though, if there's a big UFC or MMA fan in the BMG lore team.

Update: I wrote all of the above before the WWE crossover event in Brawlhalla in summer 2019...in which real-life fighters (John Cena, Backy Lynch, Dwame "The Rock" Johnson, and Xavier Woods) were added to the game! Did not see that coming at all (especially John Cena)!

Another Update: Now Roman Reigns, Asuka, The Undertaker, & "Macho Man" Randy Savage have joined as well! Dang, this is impressive!

4 comments:

  1. Your comment about not having a real-life fighter becomes hilariously ironic when you take the newest (at the time of writing this) crossover skins into account. WWE, anyone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow, you're right! Dang, kinda put my foot in my mouth, huh? I've fixed this page now to reflect this new development. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. You kinda called volkov lol. And on top of that Volkov is Caspians father, the vampire who died to Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually think Volkov is Caspian's grandfather, since Caspian calls him "Gramps." But, thanks!

    ReplyDelete