Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Mount Inferno

Connections

  • A vision of a lava-scorched Lord Zothkhan in the afterlife, retrieving his beloved cat from its demon caretaker, prompted Fait to bring her own cat Butterscotch as a distraction to her showdown with the Deathspeaker on a bridge over Mount Inferno

Context

No real-world counterpart was found, but with a name like "Mount Inferno," it's obvious that this was some sort of active volcano. I find it kind of funny that sometimes the lore tries to not be so obvious (like how Scarlet's last name ended up being Dashwood instead of Dangerfield), but at other times you have some really "on the nose" names like Mount Inferno. I have no complaints one way or the other. I just love this fun balancing act that I see in the lore between serious/impressive and hilarious/ironic. Everything about the lore of Brawlhalla makes me smile, especially when I imagine Fait and Butterscotch facing off against Azoth on a bridge over an active volcano. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment